Attorney Stanley J. Marks practices in all areas of personal injury law and is certified by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation. He has successfully represented clients in numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases in a practice spanning more than 40 years. Mr. Marks also presides as a judge pro tem in the Maricopa County Superior Court and serves as a magistrate judge in the Town of Paradise Valley.
Mr. Marks is a Past President of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, and a Past President of the Personal Injury Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a former Board Member and Officer of the Arizona Burn Foundation. He also sits on the national board of the Public Justice Foundation, an organization that fights for the rights of all Americans.
Mr. Marks has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating given for legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been selected as a Top Attorney in Arizona by the prestigious Southwest Super Lawyers since 2007 and is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Arizona. He has also been selected to Arizona’s Finest Lawyers.
Mr. Marks is very active in the community, investing his time, energy, and expertise to improve the lives of people in Arizona and across the country. He was a founder of the Arizona chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.), served as its Chair for several years. He is also a founding member of the Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest and has served as its President. Additionally, he is past President of the National Crime Victims Bar Association and served on the Board of Governors of the American Association of Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association).
He is passionate about helping crash victims and their families, particularly those who have been seriously injured, due to deliberate or reckless actions by others.
He has dedicated his career not only to helping those injured, but also in seeking to make our society safer. He is particularly proud to have been a founder of the Arizona chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), and the Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest.
- Arizona, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
- LL.B., New York University, 1965
- American Jurisprudence Awards for Procedure and Torts
- B.A., Cornell University, 1961
- American Bar Association
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Public Justice Foundation
- Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest
- Founding Member & Past President
- Western Trial Lawyers
- Member, Board of Governors, 2003 – 2006
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Chairman, Medical-Legal Committee, 1988 – 1989
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- State Delegate, 1984 – 1989
- Former Board of Governors Member
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- President, 1973 – 1974
- State Committeeman, 1969 – 1974
Volunteer Experience and Supported Organizations
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.), Arizona
- Founder & Past Chair of the Arizona Chapter
- Foundation for Burns and Trauma