Damages for Pain and Suffering in Truck Accident Cases
Victims of commercial truck accident cases are entitled to fair compensation. Compensation for all pain and suffering that they have sustained from their accident should be given. In Arizona, juries are allowed to determine the actual amount of damages to be received. Damages are based upon the evidence introduced at trial; there is no “set formula” for determining pain and suffering damages.
In our experience as Phoenix truck accident lawyers, we believe that the primary considerations for jurors in determining pain and suffering compensation factors include the following:
- The degree of pain suffered. Some injuries, such as burns, are often believed to result in more pain than other injuries.
- The length of time in which the pain and suffering was endured. Burn injuries often result in tremendous pain and suffering. The months or years of follow-on surgeries that must be endured is also substantial.
- The emotional or psychological trauma. Arizona law does not distinguish between physical pain and suffering and psychological pain and suffering. Often, in the case of horrific injuries, even if the physical pain and suffering ends, the psychological pain and suffering can continue, even for a lifetime in some cases (such as severe disfigurement).
Your Case is Unique
It is our role to prove and communicate to a jury the full pain and suffering you endured so a fair compensation may be awarded. In addition to proving liability, our job as Phoenix personal injury lawyers is to also show a jury how you suffered as the result of your accident. Pain and suffering can be conveyed by:
- Your testimony
- The testimony of those close to you, including family members and friends
- Medical professionals, who can describe the nature of your injuries and treatment in detail
- Video, which may show how you have suffered as the result of your accident and injuries
Once a jury is able to better understand how you have suffered, they will then be able to make a fair award to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
To Learn More, Please Call Us
Our dedicated Phoenix truck accident lawyers will meet with you for a free consultation, and we accept personal injury cases on a “no fee unless you win” basis. Contact us today.