Phoenix Defective Product Lawyer
How We Help Those Injured and the Families Who Have Lost a Loved One
Dangerous and defective products cause a broad range of accidents. From car crashes to explosions and injuries at home, at work, on the playground, or while traveling, dangerous products can have life-long effects. If this happens to you or a loved one in Arizona, then contact the Phoenix defective product lawyers at Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. We can help.
Understanding Arizona Product Liability Law and Your Right to Compensation
Manufacturers and others in the chain of manufacture have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe and fit for ordinary and intended use by consumers. The chain of manufacture starts with the design and construction of the components of the product and ends with the product retailer.
Products must be free of all dangerous design and manufacturing defects and contain adequate warnings of hazards and dangerous uses. If they do not meet this standard, the manufacturer may be held liable for any resulting accidents and injuries.
Arizona product liability cases typically involve the following:
- Design defects: Design defects occur when a product deviates from its original design and becomes more dangerous than expected. There may be a safer alternative design that is practical, economically feasible, and retains the primary purpose of the original design.
- Manufacturing defects: Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are free from manufacturing defects such as poor materials, negligent inspection, negligent assembly, and worker error.
- Failure to warn: Products must have proper labels and instruction, and display clear and complete warnings about any reasonably foreseeable hazards. Warnings must disclose all known risks associated with the product, even if the product is generally safe. Thus even if the product itself operates properly from a mechanical perspective, the product may be defective if adequate warnings are not provided.
Types of Defective Products
Nearly all products have the possibility of being defective. Those that are often the subject of litigation include:
- Motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, golf carts, and ATVs
- Auto parts, including defective seat belts, air bags, fuel systems, brakes, automatic transmission, and tires
- Watercraft and boating equipment
- Aircraft and aviation equipment
- Trains and railroad equipment
- Sports and recreational equipment
- Toys and playground equipment
- Medical devices
- Prescription drugs
- Construction equipment
- Power tools
- Household products
- Food products
- Consumer products
How Our Phoenix Defective Product Attorneys Can Help
Our Phoenix defective product lawyers help injured victims recover. We can help victims recover damages for physical pain, mental suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and permanent disabilities. To learn more about how our Phoenix product liability attorneys can help in your case, contact us online or call (602) 254-6071 today for a free initial consultation.