What To Do If You’ve Been In A Car Accident
At The Scene:
1) Make sure you and your passengers are safely off the road.
2) If you can do this safely, grab your drivers license, your insurance card, and your first aid kit.
3) Call 911 if you or others need medical attention.
4) Call the police to report the accident.
5) If you can do this safely, use your phone to take a picture or video of all involved cars and the street to document the location of the damage to each car and to document how the accident happened.
6) Exchange driver’s license and insurance information with the other drivers.
7) Do not talk about the accident with other drivers.
After You Have Left the Scene:
1) Get the medical care and treatment you need.
2) Call your insurance company and let them know about the accident.
3) Gather the papers the police and hospital gave you.
4) Take photos of your injuries.
5) As soon as you feel up to it, call us.
We specialize in helping people who have been injured in car accidents, and we have helped thousands of injured people get the compensation they need after an accident. You can call us at any time and we will set up a free consultation to assist you and provide a free case evaluation.
Author: Serena C. Montague
Publication Date: June 10, 2016